The timber value chain is affected by climate change on several levels. On the one hand, our climate is changing and with it the forest as a habitat and raw material supplier. On the other hand, wood is an essential component in the fight against the climate crisis. In our webinar, which forms the conclusion of the BOKU lecture series, we would like to discuss the role of the renewable resource wood on the way out of the crisis and into a world without fossil raw materials.
Moderation: Thomas Timmel (BioBASE)
- Karl Stampfer (Head of the Department of Forest and Soil Sciences, BOKU)
- Gottfried Lamers (Department VI/7 BMK- Innovative Technologies and. Bioeconomy)
- Matthias Grün (Director Forest and Nature Management, Pannatura)
- Hans Christian Kirchmeier (Chairman of the Board, IG Holzkraft)
- Hannes Plackner (Assistant to the Management, HS Timber Group)